Saturday, July 03, 2004

Bible Study

No real huge post today. Yesterday, after picking up my paycheck, I went out to get (among other things) a new Bible, as I had (don't ask me how) lost the 2 that I used to have. (One was an NIV Student Bible - Link is to Revised edition, I had an earlier one - and the other was just a plain old, run-of-the-mill, raw NIV Bible I'd had for awhile - which, of course, I just found again today.) The new one I got, coming highly reccommended by my wife, my brother, and the girl at the Family Christian Store that we went to, is an NIV Study Bible. Here's a direct link to the enlarged picture so you can see the lovely blue hardcover. (For those who don't know, I like blue. A lot. I just can't help it. But it has nothing to do with why I chose this Bible... honest! Just icing on the cake... yeah, that's it.) ;-)

So, along with (finally) getting a new Bible to read out of, I decided to start a Reading Plan to actually get myself into it more. Strangely enough, however, this Study Bible didn't come with any Reading Plan included. So, I spent a little time on Google looking around for one that I could follow online. Finally, I've landed on one put together by Victory Christian Center, that matches what I'm looking for. (Read through the Bible in a year, not entirely linear, a bit of Old Testament and New Testament every day, with regular doses of Psalms and Proverbs along the way, rarely breaking chapters apart. Here's the direct link (PDF format) to the study plan itself.

After finding that, I went ahead and did my reading for today. (Matthew 1, Genesis 1-2, and Psalms 1) And now, that brings me pretty close to bedtime. I'm hoping this reading plan won't be so prohibitively time-consuming as to keep me from maintaining this blog the way I originally intended, but if that be the case, then I guess I do have to weigh priorities. :-( I'll keep y'allz posted on that for sure.

Also, a reminder: Don't expect much if anything new up here tomorrow. It is Sunday, and I'll be lucky enough to have energy to check my e-mail, let alone do any blogging after church. (As a matter of fact, I might end up doing double-readings on Mondays, to catch up from Sundays, on a regular basis.)

So, to quote the great Porky Pig... That's all, folks!

See ya next time.

- Iszi

Song of the moment: FFH - Found a Place

No comments: