Friday, January 14, 2005

Studying

Greetings, Readers.

Something else that may add to my distractions from posting in the near future that I should mention, is studying. Through SmartCertify Direct, I am now studying for my CompTIA A+ Certification, and more to come. If I can stay steady with the schedule I've been following lately, I should be ready to take the exams (there's two parts) by the end of this month, if not middle of next.

With A+ Certification in hand, I shouldn't have much trouble working my way out of this rut of a convenience store job that I've been in for the past (nearly) year and a half. I don't plan on stopping there, however. With the program that I've purchased (and a cheap enough loan for it wasn't easy to find, either), I have a full year's access to SmartCertify's complete course library. Again, assuming I can continue approximately at the same pace I've been running for the past week or so that I've been enrolled, it shouldn't be too hard for me to have completed courses for, and passed the CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ Certifications by the end of the year.

All this would be laying the foundation for what has long been my career goal: Network Administration. Where that might lead me, I do not know. But I do know that I've always had an aptitude and love for working with computers, so that is the best target I could think of to set my sights on.

So, if I don't post too often, this could be one reason why. Still, if all of you could please help keep me accountable to the once-per-week minimum, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for your support, and your concern in my absence.

- Iszi

1 comment:

Deborah White said...

Hey, you're back! You were silent for so long!Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my friend.