Friday, June 25, 2004

Now I Remember...

Greetings, Readers.

Now I remember why I hated truck nights, although that's not the reason I haven't worked one in awhile. Sometimes, getting the usual work done in time seems difficult enough, and then to be expected to get an extra delivery put up in the same amount of time (also the largest delivery that we as employees have to put up ourselves - accounting for about 50% of the products carried in the store, and all store-use products.) just seems impossible. Last night was no different. The upside of the Thursday night truck is that it is the smaller of the two deliveries we get from this truck per week. Downside is it usually comes much later. Often around the time when we're having to switch from cleaning up for the night to gearing up for the morning, meaning that the only time we have to put it up is in the time when we have the most to do at once to start with. So, last night was kinda rough, but I'm alive.

Now I also remember why I never kept a journal. In 3rd grade, I remember that we were actually required to keep a journal as part of our grade. Every day it seemed that I either had nothing of interest I felt I could write, or whatever I did have in my head, I could not seem to organize into words clearly enough or quickly enough. The latter is the case for me today. There's a few things I've thought of over the night that I would like to write about, but right now I can't seem to organize my thoughts, as my energy level is sapped while the clock ticks its way closer to bedtime. Maybe I just need to start writing earlier in my after-work day, so I can have more time to organize thoughts and such. If anyone else has any ideas to help, I'd much like to hear them.

Meanwhile, some more words of encouragement from the Good Book. Many of you will probably recognize Isaiah 40:30-31.

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


See you tomorrow-ish.
- Iszi

(And now for a few Post-Scriptums)
I don't expect to be writing much tomorrow. Just got a phone call from another store today that says they might need help in the morning shift, so I'll probably be coming home late and tired.

Song of the moment: FFH - Breathe in Me.

Also thought now would be a good time to mention that, unless noted otherwise, all Bible references are from the New International Version. It is the translation I personally prefer, and probably one of the most widely recognized and accepted. My alternative translation is usually the King James Version. Many at my church, particularly in the Pastoral Staff, prefer the New Living Translation, which I may also reference from time to time. In any case, you can easily view whichever translation you prefer of any quoted scripture by clicking on the link, and choosing your translation on the page. The website I reference for scripture, BibleGateway.com, hosts 18 translations of the Bible for quick searching and cross-reference.

Last, but not least, I found an interesting blog entry the other day (just browsing through the various "recent blogs" that Blogger lists on the "Dashboard") that I could relate to a bit, and posted my own commentary. Thought you may be interested in seeing it. "Tree-hugger, Pedal-pusher, Optimist" is the blog, authored by a person who calls himself barkeater. Here's the direct link to the post that I commented on.

No comments: