Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Prayer Requests

Good morning, Readers.

I'm here today, yet I know not what to write again. Is this a common problem? Someone starting to write a journal, then not having anything they want to write about a couple days later? About the only real new thing I can think to mention is a prayer need that has arisen in my life.

Last night, while I was at The Living Room (website's not up yet, but feel free to bookmark for when it is), I started feeling a pain in the middle of my back, a little to the right. It came on rather suddenly, just as I was sitting there, and felt horridly familiar. Without going into too much detail, I will say that the last time I felt this pain, it was on my left side and turned out to be an issue with my kidney. The needed surgery put me out of commission for about a month and a half. The doctor told me the cause was congenital, and therefore the issue may later arise with my right kidney as well. Fortunately, at the time, I didn't have a job to worry about, and was still being taken care of by my parents' medical insurance, so funding and time off wasn't an issue for me. Now, I am the sole income provider for my family, and have no medical insurance, nor can I afford it or the time off.

So, prayer on this issue is the only thing I can think of that will help. Last time I had this problem, it actually held for several months before absolutely needing to be fixed (which was just as well, as it was mis-diagnosed in the first few visits), so there is some time to work with, if things run the same this time around. If this is something that God has for me to go through again, then I can only pray that in the time that I have beforehand, a better job can be found where I can afford to get medical insurance and the time off for whatever may be necessary. If that shouldn't be the case, or this isn't the same problem again, I would pray that God helps me to a speedy recovery from whatever this may be, and that if that recovery should involve time off for medical procedures, that He should continue to provide for my family during that time, as He has in our other times and areas of need.

As long as I'm on the topic of prayer requests, let me add my Pastor and Cell Group Leader, Jayme, and his wife Susan. She is in the early months of pregnancy with their third child, and the morning sickness is taking a heavy toll on her right now. The last report I heard was that she'd been admitted to the hospital, after having been at home on IV fluids for a couple days. That was Monday, and I have yet to establish contact with them since. I pray that all will work out well for Susan and her unborn child, and that Jayme will keep God's peace in his soul as he deals with taking on his wife's role at home, while she is in the hospital.

Today's scripture reference is some words of encouragement from the Book of Romans, Chapter 8, Verses 37-39: "...in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, ... nor any powers, ... nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Thank you all for your prayers.

- Iszi

P.S.:

Song of the Moment: SonicFlood - Lord of the Dance

No comments: